KSM Annual Academic Sessions 2020
05th- 08th February 2020. Hotel Grand Kandyan, Kandy.
Call for Orations
The Kandy Society of Medicine calls for applications for the following orations at the upcoming Annual Academic Sessions in February 2020:
- KSM Oration (on 05th February 2020)
- Bibile Memorial Oration (on 06th February 2020)
Guidelines for Submissions
- The oration should be on a topic related to health
- The content should be relevant to healthcare in Sri Lanka
- The oration should be based on original academic work carried out by the applicant
- The content should NOT have been presented previously, as an oration, keynote address or a Presidential address in a similar format.
- It is recommended that the oration be appealing to a mixed/general medical audience.
- The oration must NOT exceed 45 minutes.
- Bibile Memorial Oration should include a preamble on the life and work of Professor Senaka Bibile, not exceeding 10 minutes.
- Any scripts that have been submitted previously but were not selected must be revised in accordance with the guidelines prior to resubmission.
- Each submission must include:
- Four (04) copies of the oration script printed on A4 sized paper, fastened with spiral binding. Three without the details of the applicant, one including personal details.
- One (01) printed copy of the Curriculum Vitae of the applicant
- Completed application form (available in PDF or Word )
- Submissions must reach the KSM office before 4pm on Sunday, 28th of October 2019 by registered post, courier or personal delivery.
KSM oration committee shall evaluate all submissions and select one oration under each category.
The KSM reserves the right to rescind one or both orations if the submissions do not reach the expected standard.
The decision of the committee shall be final.
|KSM Orations Application - 2020|
|KSM Oration Guidelines - 2020|
KSM office, TH Kandy
+94 812 201702 | +94 779 544474